Guidelines for Presenters
|Congress Certificates for authors (oral presentations and distributed papers), panelists, chairs and session organizers will be available for downloading in Speaker’s Corner after the Congress.|
The online abstracts submission process has been completed.
Only abstracts submitted on-line will be considered in the selection process. The abstract text (max 300, 5 keywords) should have been submitted in English, French or Spanish.
It was not allowed to submit:
- the same abstract to two different sessions
- more than two abstracts
Notification: 30 November 2013
- Session Organiser will handle all correspondence concerning the session and is responsible for informing authors by November 30, 2013 whether their papers have been accepted for presentation.
- A final presentation designation (oral presentation, distributed paper, poster, or round table presentation) needs to be stated. This information can be modified later once registration check has been completed.
Note: Distributed papers will be listed in the programme and their abstracts will be included in the Abstracts Book, providing the authors pay a registration fee in time. If a participant does not show up, the first participant listed under distributed papers will be asked to present his/her paper.
Registration deadline for presenters: 1 April 2014 24:00 GMT
- On the registration deadline April 1, 2014 presenters who have failed to register will be automatically deleted from the programme.
- It is very important that all participants respect conference deadlines concerning registration and submission of abstracts. No extension of deadlines is possible.
Rules for All Presenters
- Limited appearance in the Program
Participants may be listed no more than twice in the Program. This includes all types of participation – except being listed as Program Coordinator or Session Organizer. Program Coordinators and Session Organizers can organize a maximum of two sessions where their names will be additionally listed in the program.
A “participant” is anyone listed as an author, co-author (oral presentation and/or distributed paper), plenary speaker, roundtable presenter, poster presenter, panelist, critic, discussant, session (co)chair, or any similar substantive role in the program.
A participant cannot present and chair in the same session.
- ISA and RC/WG/TG membership
ISA does not require anyone to be a member in order to present a paper, and provides different registration fees for members and non-members. Those RCs which require that presenters in their sessions are members of the RC, and/or also of ISA, should clearly inform potential presenters about these requirements from the very start of conference preparations.
- Registration payment
In order to be included in the program the participants (presenters, chairs, discussants, etc.) need to pay registration fees by April 1, 2014. If not registered, their names will not appear in the Program Book and in the Abstracts Book.
For co-authored paper, in order for a paper to appear in the program, at least one co-author should pay the registration fee by the early registration deadline April 1, 2014; the names of other co-authors will be listed as well.
If other co-authors wish to attend the conference they must pay the registration fee.
- Letter of acceptance
For a letter stating that your paper has been accepted for presentation, please contact directly the Organizer of the Session.
- Full papers submission
ISA does not collect and does not publish papers presented at its conferences. Each Research Committee, Working and Thematic Group establishes its own rules on full papers submissions. Please contact your Session Organiser for further instructions.
- Distributed paper
Distributed papers should be treated like any regular conference papers. If a participant does not show up, the first participant listed under distributed papers will be asked to present his/her paper.
- Poster presentation
Poster size 90 cm x 120 cm
The working language of the Congress is English. All printed materials will be in English. The sessions will be in English except some of the Research Committees, Working Groups and Thematic Groups sessions that will be conducted in Spanish or French. Please check the program.
Simultaneous translation in English, French and Spanish will be provided only for the Opening and Closing Presidential Sessions.
If you have questions please use the relevant e-mail address of contacts below:
- For ISA membership: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For conference registration:email@example.com
- For letters of invitation: contact your Session Organizer
- For visa queries: Any inquiries concerning visa support should be addressed to Visa Support Office which will be opened in February 2014. Contact e-mail address to be announced. See also: Visa Requirements
- For hotel accommodation and tours: to be announced
- For book exhibition: firstname.lastname@example.org