Adopted in Gothenburg, Sweden, July 2010
- Membership in good standing in the RC29 is required to present a paper in RC29 session.
- The Board of Directors shall consist of 6 members; the Board members should be representative of the diversity of the members in terms of demographics and world regions. The Board members shall be nominated and elected at a world congress business meeting of RC29 by a vote of the members in good standing in attendance. Board members so elected must be in attendance at the business meeting. Board members may be re-elected once, consecutively or non-consecutively.
- Officers: The officers shall consist of a) President, b) Vice President, c) Secretary, and d) Treasurer. These officers shall be nominated and elected at the business meeting of RC29 at a world congress, by vote of members in good standing in attendance. To be elected, Officers must be in attendance at the business meeting. Duties of the President shall be to be responsible for the overall functioning of RC 29; to insure that a program for the next interim meeting is established; to insure that a program for the next world congress is established; to appoint members of the board and other officers to fill empty terms in the period between world congresses; to preside over the business meeting at the next world congress; to respond to requests from ISA officials concerning the RC; these actions shall be subject to the approval of the Board. Duties of the Vice President shall be to assist the President, and to substitute for the President should the latter resign or be unable or unwilling to fulfill his/her duties before the next world congress. The duties of the Secretary shall be to edit and distribute at least 2 RC29 news letters per year; to give a report on membership to the next business meeting at a world congress; to keep and distribute minutes of the business meeting at the world congress. The duties of the treasurer shall be to receive funds from ISA, to safely and reliably maintain those funds, to disburse funds according to the rules of ISA, by laws of RC29, and the directives of the Board and Officers; to give a treasurer’s report at the next world congress; this report shall give a full accounting of all funds: amount, timing, upon whose authority the funds were disbursed, and an explanation of the purpose of the disbursement.
- The term of the officers shall be until the next world congress, or less, if they are appointed in between world congresses to fill a vacant office. The President shall only serve one term in office; all other officers can be re-elected once, consecutively or non-consecutively.
- The immediately past president shall serve as a member of the Board.
- Amendments to these by laws must be approved by a majority of members in good standing attending a RC29 business meeting at a world congress.