Deadlines and Rules for Presenters
How to present a paper
Anyone interested in presenting a paper should submit an abstract on-line through a centralized website which will be operational from April 14 through September 30, 2015.
Please follow the below listed steps.
List of sessions is available in the relevant RC/WG/TG section
Most sessions will be in English, except some that will be in Spanish or French. Please check the program.
Submit abstract: 14 April till 30 September 2015
Participants must submit abstracts on-line from April 14, 11:00 GMT through September 30, 2015, 24:00 GMT
- The abstract text cannot contain more than 300 words and must be submitted in English, French or Spanish.
- Only abstracts submitted on-line will be considered in the selection process
- The author is required to choose the RC/WG/TG session in which s/he wishes the abstract to be included
- One cannot submit more than two abstracts
- One cannot submit the same abstract to two different sessions
- It is the Author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract; any errors in spelling, grammar, or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
All changes/updates should be done via on-line system by September 30, 2015 24:00 GMT.
- Each abstract received on-line will be assigned an identification number
Notification: 30 November 2015
- Session Organizer will handle all correspondence concerning the session and is responsible for informing authors by November 30, 2015 whether their papers have been accepted for presentation.
- A final presentation designation (oral presentation, distributed paper, poster, or round table presentation) needs to be stated. This information can be modified later once registration check has been completed.
Note: Distributed papers will be listed in the program and their abstracts will be included in the Abstracts Book, providing the authors pay a registration fee in time. If a participant does not show up, the first participant listed under distributed papers will be asked to present his/her paper.
Registration deadline for presenters: April 5, 2016 24:00 GMT
- On the registration deadline April 5, 2016 presenters who have failed to register will be automatically deleted from the program.
- It is very important that all participants respect conference deadlines concerning registration and submission of abstracts. No extension of deadlines is possible
Rules for All Presenters
- Limited appearance in the Program
Participants may be listed no more than twice in the Program. This includes all types of activities requiring physical presence: chair or co-chair, author or co-author (oral or poster presentation, distributed paper), roundtable presenter, panelist, critic, discussant.
In addition, participants may be listed in the Program up to two more times as Program Coordinators and/or Session Organizers.
RC/WG/TGs can further limit the number of appearances within their own sessions.
A participant cannot present and chair in the same session.
- ISA and RC/WG/TG membership
ISA does not require anyone to be a member in order to present a paper, and provides different registration fees for members and non-members. Those RCs which require that presenters in their sessions are members of the RC, and/or also of ISA, should clearly inform potential presenters about these requirements from the very start of conference preparations.
- Registration payment
In order to be included in the program the participants (presenters, chairs, discussants, etc.) must pay registration fees by April 5, 2016. If not registered, their names will not appear in the Program Book and in the Abstracts Book.
In case of a co-authored paper, in order for a paper to appear in the program, at least one co-author must pay the registration fee by the early registration deadline April 5, 2016; the names of other co-authors will be listed as well.
If other co-authors wish to attend the conference they must pay the registration fee.
- Full papers submission
ISA does not collect and does not publish papers presented at its conferences. Each Research Committee, Working and Thematic Group establishes its own rules on full papers submissions. Please contact your Session Organiser for further instructions.
- Poster session
The space reserved by the Local Organizing Committee for Poster Sessions allows for up to 27 posters (size 90 cm x 120 cm). Each RC will be given a specific date/time for its Poster Session.