to scholars and professionals of sociological teaching,
research or practice. At present there are 5,000 members
from 167 countries. Benefits of the individual membership are:
- Subscription to ISA journals Current Sociology and International Sociology.
- Reception of isagram, an electronic newsletter containing announcements of the forthcoming conferences, calls for papers and manuscripts, prizes, competitions, job offers, etc.
- Job offers
- On-line access to
- eSymposium, a forum through which ISA members are able to engage in debate, showcasing the diverse work, practices, ideas and voices.
- sociopedia.isa an online database with state-of-the-art review articles in social sciences.
- SAGE Collection which includes 36 journals with more than 12,500 articles.
- 45% discount on SAGE Publications books.
- Special subscription rates to journals offered by various publishers.
- A reduction in registration fees at ISA World Congress and Forum of Sociology.
- Digital Worlds
- Global Dialogue
Newsletter published in 14 languages. A venue for debates, reports on conferences, state of different sociologies, interviews, and much more.
- Universities in Crisis
Blog of the ISA that reports on universities in crisis, aiming to build global communities of concerned academics.
- Global Sociology, Live!
An experimental course in pursuit of global sociology, introducing students to sociologists from around the world. Videos of weekly conversations are posted here.
Videos and Films of the everyday life of sociologists.
members may participate in the meetings of the ISA and
Groups upon paying an affiliation fee.
To apply for membership or renew, please submit a membership form:
or write to ISA email@example.com,