to scholars and professionals of sociological teaching,
research or practice. At present there are 5,000 members
from 167 countries. Benefits of the individual membership are:
- Subscription to ISA journals Current Sociology and International Sociology.
- Reception of isagram, an electronic newsletter containing announcements of the forthcoming conferences, calls for papers and manuscripts, prizes, competitions, job offers, etc.
- On-line access to
- eSymposium, a forum through which ISA members are able to engage in debate, showcasing the diverse work, practices, ideas and voices.
- sociopedia.isa an online database with state-of-the-art review articles in social sciences.
- SAGE Collection which includes 36 journals with more than 12,500 articles.
- Sage Research Methods, a resource which brings together information on methodological issues and choices, and provides copies of relevant articles; it can be used in many ways, including the planning of methods teaching and the making of decisions on what methods might be appropriate for a new project.
- 45% discount on SAGE Publications books.
- All newly published SAGE Studies in International Sociology books, 2013 onwards, will be available at a discounted price of £9.99, postage included.
- Special subscription rates to journals offered by various publishers.
- A reduction in registration fees at ISA World Congress and Forum of Sociology.
- Digital Worlds
- Social Justice & Democratization Space
It aims to build a global community who can access and share resources in various languages through an open participatory approach to research, policy, pedagogy, practices and images.
- Global Dialogue
Newsletter published in 15 languages. A venue for debates, reports on conferences, state of different sociologies, interviews, and much more.
- Universities in Crisis
Blog of the ISA that reports on universities in crisis, aiming to build global communities of concerned academics.
- Journeys through Sociology
Interviews with members of the ISA Executive Committee.
Videos and Films of the everyday life of sociologists.
members may participate in the meetings of the ISA and
Groups upon paying an affiliation fee.
To apply for membership or renew, please submit a membership form:
or write to ISA firstname.lastname@example.org