(as amended and passed at the business meeting in Durban, South Africa, July 15, 2006.)
- RC 33 elects six types of officers at its business meeting for the period till the next World Congress: a President, a Secretary, several Vice-Presidents, a Delegate and an Alternate to the ISA Research Council, and additional board members. The outgoing President continues to serve on the RC 33 board as Past-President. The Secretary serves as chair-elect serving for one term before standing for election as President.
- There is one Vice-President for each of the following tasks: Finances, Membership, Program, and Information. The business meeting will also elect at least two members at large who will be chosen to maximise geographical representation and in accordance with ISA statutes.
- At the end of the year preceding the World Congress the incumbent President invites all members in good standing to submit nominations for President, Secretary, and Vice-Presidents, preferably by including a ballot in the fall issue of the RC33 Newsletter. The President reports on the nominations received through available issues of the RC33 Newsletter or -- if this is not possible -- through a circular two months in advance of the World Congress. Additional nominations may be made at the business meeting.
- The Vice-Presidents are responsible for promoting membership and for organizing between-Congress activities. They will inform the RC33 board about their activities. The Secretary win supply them with updated membership lists for their region.
- The Secretary is in charge of producing and distributing the RC33 Newsletter which is open to contributions from all members subject to space limitations.
- At the end of the year preceding a Business Meeting, the President recommends revisions to RC33 statutes. The President reports on the revisions through available issues of the RC33 Newsletter or -- if this is not possible--through a circular two months in advance of the RC33 Business Meeting. Additional recommendations may be made at the business meeting.
- Only members in good standing present at the business meeting are eligible to vote. No proxy votes are allowed. For this purpose, members are considered to be in good standing if their membership application was received by the President or the Secretary at least one month prior to the RC33 Business Meeting and their dues are settled by the time of the election. Vacant positions are filled until the next World Congress by mail ballot organized by the President or the Secretary.
- These principles are in effect until changed by a simple plurality at the business meeting at a World Congress.