The International Sociological Association is pleased to announce a list of the winners and finalists (in alphabetical order) and their papers of the Sixth Worldwide Competition for Junior Sociologists engaged in social research.
- Xiaoguang FAN, Fudan University, China, Ming LEI and Yang XIAO, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China,
Lineage Networks and Conflict Resolution in Rural China
- Jeong-Chul KIM, Northwestern University, USA
Elevating, Obliterating, and Devaluing: Indigenous Collaboration and Conceptualizing the Nation in Japanese-Occupied Korea from 1910 to 1945
- Junpeng LI, Columbia University, USA
The Religion of the Nonreligious and the Politics of the Apolitical: The Transformation of Falun Gong from a Healing Practice to a Political Movement
- Elena BOGDANOVA, Centre for Independent Social Research, Russia
How Utopia Came True: The Baikal-Amur Mainline Construction was the Happiest Time in my Life
- Jacobo MUÑOZ-COMET, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia, UNED, Spain
El impacto del desempleo sobre los trabajadores temporales. ¿Por qué los extranjeros son más vulnerables durante la Gran Recesión?
The winners receive a four-year membership in the ISA, registration and ticket to participate in the XVIII World Congress of Sociology scheduled for July 13-19, 2014 and a pre-congress seminar in Tokyo, Japan.
- Tuukka YLÄ-ANTTILA, University of Helsinki, Finland
Populism as Politics of Personal Experience: The Case of Suvivirsi
- Alexis CORTÉS, IESP-UERJ, Brazil
André de La Victoria o la Victoria de André: la emergencia de un affaire durante la Dictadura Militar chilena
- Isabelle ANCHIETA, Universidade de São Paulo. Brazil
La Sociedad de Rostros
The finalists receive Merit Award Certificate, a four-year membership in the ISA and a registration fee to participate in the XVIII World Congress of Sociology scheduled for July 13-19, 2014 and a pre-congress seminar in Tokyo, Japan. The ISA, however, cannot cover their travel costs.