ISA World Congress of Sociology
Visit Tourism Toronto’s website customized for XIX ISA World Congress of Sociology delegates.
So, you’re coming to Toronto! Here are some fun facts to make the most of your stay in Canada’s downtown!
Tours for Congress participants
- One of The New York Times’ Places To Go in 2016.
- The 4th largest city in North America, Toronto and the surrounding area are home to 5.5 million people.
- An international hub for business, culture, entertainment, finance, and science & technology.
- The currency is the Canadian dollar. One- and two-dollar coins are affectionately known as the “loonie” and “twoonie,” respectively.
- Bank of Canada Currency Converter
- International Phone Use
- Don’t just look at the iconic CN Tower. Experience it with the thrilling, outdoor, gravity-defying EdgeWalk!
- Visit 125 of the country’s best museums and galleries including the Art Gallery of Ontario, Royal Ontario Museum, and the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- From the popular Toronto Eaton Centre to the luxury shops of Yorkville, Toronto is a shopper’s dream.
- Extend your stay and enjoy idyllic day trip to Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, and the Muskokas.
- Over 9,000 restaurants feature world-famous chefs and globally inspired cuisine including a diverse, delicious collection right outside your hotel.
Health and Safety
- In case of emergency dial 911
- MCI The Doctor's Office