Worldwide Competition for Junior Sociologists
The International Sociological Association is pleased to announce a list of the winners and finalists (in alphabetical order) of the Seventh Worldwide Competition for Junior Sociologists engaged in social research, selected by the Grand Jury chaired by the ISA President Margaret Abraham.
- Mr Bouchta EZZIANI, Université Sidi Mohamed Ben AbdiAllah, Fès, Morocco
Youth and Sexuality in Moroccan Society: The Case of Educated Youth
- Ms Karen FOSTER, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
The Ethics of Work and Consumption in Rural Atlantic Canada
- Mr Tommaso GRAVANTE, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México
Desaparición forzada y trauma cultural en México. La construcción de una nueva narrativa social a partir del Movimiento de Ayotzinapa
- Mr Martin PORTOS GARCIA, Scuola Normale Superiore, Florence, Italy
Unpacking the Virtuous Circle: Aggrieved Protesters, Eventful Protests or Both at the Same Time?
- Ms Yuan Zheng LI, Université Laval, Québec, Canada
Join the Eco-innovation Bandwagon: Evidence from Chinese Firms
The winners receive four-year membership in the ISA, registration fee and ticket to participate in the XIX World Congress of Sociology (July 15-21, 2018) and a pre-congress seminar (accommodation provided July 10-13, 2018) in Toronto, Canada.
- Mr Xuan DONG, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
Cinderellas on the Training Ground: Femininities in Transition among Female Martial Arts Students in China
- Mr Minwoo JUNG, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
World Society in Action: Mobilizing the International in South Korean LGBT Activism
- Mr Ben LAKSANA, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Religious Diversity of the Everyday: Understanding Religious Inclusivity through Young People’s Lived Religious Citizenship in Indonesia
- Ms Tania RUIZ-CHAPMAN, Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Toronto, Canada
The Bare Life of Undocumented Migration: Maintaining the Cartesian Subject through the ‘Illegal Mexican’
- Mr Ahmed SELIM, University of Kent, United Kingdom
The Role of the Resource Mobilization & the Political Opportunities in the Rise of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt
- Ms Lyuba SPASOVA, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
Approval towards Deviance in Government: A Case Study on Dual Reality Creation
The finalists receive Merit Award Certificate, four-year membership in the ISA, registration fee to participate in the XIX World Congress of Sociology (July 15-21, 2018) and in a pre-congress seminar (accommodation provided July 10-13, 2018) in Toronto, Canada. The ISA, however, cannot cover their travel costs.