ISA Forum of Sociology
Fourth ISA Forum of Sociology
Porto Alegre, Brazil, July 14-18, 2020
Duties and Deadlines for Program Coordinators and Session Organizers of the Research Committees, Working and Thematic Groups
January 15, 2019 24:00 GMT
- Announcing Program Coordinators: RC/WG/TG provide name and contact details of Program Coordinator to the ISA Secretariat
February 4 – 15 March 2019 24:00 GMT
- Call for Sessions
- RC/WG/TG session proposer must submit session’s description on-line via Confex platform.
- Invited session organizer (RC/WG/TG, Presidential, Plenary, LOC sessions, etc.) must submit session’s description on-line via Confex platform.
March 16 – 8 April 2019 24:00 GMT
- Final list of Sessions: RC/WG/TG Program Coordinator must finalize a list of sessions. Sessions format, titles, descriptions and the language in which they will be held (English, French or Spanish), as well as contact details of session organizers (name, affiliation, country, e-mail) will be available on the ISA conference platform run by Confex.
April 25 – 30 September 2019 24:00 GMT
- Abstracts submission: Participants and organizers of invited sessions must submit abstracts on-line via Confex platform. Abstracts must be submitted in English, French or Spanish. Only abstracts submitted on-line will be considered in the selection process.
October 7 – 4 November 2019 24:00 GMT
- Abstracts selection: Session Organizer must complete selection of abstracts and provide a final presentation designation (oral, distributed, poster, round table). Session Organizers move good quality abstracts unsuited for their sessions to the Program Coordinator’s bin for transfer to another session.
Note: abstracts transfers should be done to the Program Coordinator’s bin as early as possible so that good abstracts may be transferred to other appropriate sessions to enable organizers to consider these transferred abstracts and make decisions within the deadlines.
Session Organizers add chairs, co-chairs, discussants, and panellists to their sessions as needed.
November 5 – 25 November 2019 24:00 GMT
- Abstracts re-location: Program Coordinator re-locates good quality abstracts considered unsuited by Session Organizers from the Program Coordinator's bin to other sessions.
No more sessions can be added after November 24, 2019 deadline
December 2, 2019 24:00 GMT
- Notification letters: Confex sends notification letters to:
Authors and co-authors of accepted abstracts
Authors of rejected abstracts
December 16, 2019 – January 26, 2020 24:00 GMT
- Sessions Scheduling
December 15 - January 15: Confex schedules Joint Session, Round Table, and Poster sessions
January 16 - January 31: Program Coordinators schedule regular sessions
January 31, 2020 24:00 GMT
- Applications for Registration Grants deadline: Program Coordinator receives applications for ISA grants submitted by the participants
February 15, 2020 24:00 GMT
- Submission of proposed Registration Grants recipients: Program Coordinator sends a list of selected individuals and amounts recommended to the ISA Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org for verification and approval.
March 19, 2020 24:00 GMT
- Registration deadline for presenters: Registration must be paid by the deadline. Confex matches registrations with accepted presenters and will send out last reminder to register. Presenters who have failed to register will be automatically deleted from the program.
April 1 - 17, 2020 24:00 GMT
- Session Organizer modifies sessions based on withdrawal of non-registered presenters.
- Chairs and discussants are assigned from among the registered participants.
- Program Coordinator completes sessions schedule according to the conference timetable.
- In case the type of an individual’s presentation is changed, or if a presentation is transferred to a different session, Confex will send notifications to authors with final session and presentation details after April 30.
May 5, 2020 24:00 GMT
- Online program published