Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct of Governing the ISA Executive Committee
Recognizing that it is imperative for the ISA Executive Committee to cultivate and nurture a culture of ethics, integrity, accountability and transparency as important in its own right, but also to enhance the membership's trust in and credibility of its governing body, while always taking into account the importance of confidentiality in our deliberations, the following principles set out the values that guide the conduct of the ISA Executive Committee.
- Full and responsive communication.
- Privilege dialogue and strive for consensus, while respecting differences.
- Transparency in all deliberations.
- Inclusive participation in decision making.
- Provision of all details required to take an informed decision.
- Dissemination of decisions made to relevant parties / sectors of the membership.
- To foster a neutral attitude and equalitarian treatment regarding colleagues, academic institutions, schools of thought or theoretical trends.
- To keep an honest attitude in the process of decision making. A conflict of interests happens when the participation of any member of the EC, in decisions concerning the ISA, can be limited or conditioned by the existence of external interests. Conflict of interests must be solved by means of abstention of participation on the part of the implied members that are related to the issues to be decided.
- Restrict use of information to legitimate purposes of the ISA.