Young Leisure Scholar Award
Established in 2008. Last edition: 2018.
To encourage scholarship in the area of Leisure Studies and to attract and encourage young scholars to significantly and profoundly contribute to leisure studies, a Young Leisure Scholar Award has been instituted on behalf of ISA Research Committee on Sociology of Leisure RC13 to be given to a young scholar who contributes the best paper on the occasion of RC13 conferences both mid-term as well as on the occasion of ISA World Congresses of Sociology. In case there are not one but two mid-term conferences then the award may be given on both these occasions.
The terms and conditions and the procedure for the selection of the Award is specified as under:
- A cash prize of US$100 and a certificate will be given on each occasion.
- The age of the scholar at the time of contributing the paper for competition should not be more than 40 years.
- Only the members of ISA RC13 are entitled to participate in the competition. As such s/he should be a member of RC13 at the time of contributing the paper for the competition.
- Full and final paper must be submitted in English at least 90 days before the conference in a hard copy as well as a soft copy on CD to the President / Secretary of RC13.
- Papers by joint authors will not be considered for the award.
- The excellence of the papers will be adjudged by an independent committee, including the President and the Secretary of RC13, and three other members to be nominated by RC13 President, whose verdict will be final.
- The paper must conform to the format and length prescribed as under:
- The length of paper should be between 5000 – 6000 words.
- Referencing system should be the same as used in the ISA Journals.
- The name, identity and email address of the contributor be mentioned on a separate sheet of paper.
- The award will be presented on the occasion of the conference at the RC13 Presidential Session or at its Business Meeting.
Paper presenters who wish to be considered for this award should specifically inform the program coordinators, Karl Spracklen (K.Spracklen@leedsbeckett.ac.uk) and Shintaro Kono (firstname.lastname@example.org), about their participation for the award with the proof of age.