ISA Forum of Sociology
Guidelines for Program Coordinators and Session Organizers
The ISA Executive Committee has decided to postpone the IV ISA Forum of Sociology in Porto Alegre, Brazil, until February 23-27, 2021.
New guidelines and deadlines are as follows
October 15, 2020 Confirmation of participation
- Authors of the accepted abstracts are requested to confirm they participation through speaker’s corner.
- The abstracts that have not been confirmed are automatically deleted from the program.
- Based on information about already cancelled presentations, Session Organizers and Program Coordinators may upgrade distributed papers and papers presented in roundtable sessions to oral presentations in a regular panel. Session Organizers and Program Coordinators inform the concerned participants about the new status of their paper and ask them to confirm their participation to the Forum.
October 16-25, 2020 Modifications to sessions
- Based on the updated program, Session Organizers and Program Coordinators may re-organize some panels, move some participants from one session to another and merge two sessions in order to open a few new sessions. These modifications include the possibility to upgrade distributed paper or roundtable presentation to oral presentation.
October 26 – November 12, 2020 Call for Abstracts
- New abstracts’ proposals shall be submitted on-line via Confex platform to a general "bucket" session opened for each RC/TG/WG. Submitters may indicate in which session this proposal better fits. RC/TG/WG session themes are available at https://isaconf.confex.com/isaconf/forum2020/webprogrampreliminary/programs.html
- Abstracts must be submitted in English, French or Spanish. Only abstracts submitted on-line will be considered in the selection process.
- Invitations are issued to speakers for Common Sessions and Semi-plenary Sessions to replace the speakers who are not able to attend the Forum.
November 13-17, 2020 Abstract selection
- Program Coordinators and Session Organizers must complete the selection of abstracts and provide a final presentation designation for each (oral, distributed, poster, or round table).
November 18-22, 2020 Re-arrangement of sessions
- Program Coordinators re-arrange sessions based on the selected abstracts.
November 24, 2020 Acceptance notifications
- Confex sends notification to authors and co-authors of accepted new abstracts and to authors of rejected new abstracts.
December 5, 2020 Changes in registration grants’ recipients
- If recipients of a registration grant cancelled their participation, Program Coordinators may reallocate these registration grants to other presenters who are individual ISA members in good standing. Changes must be communicated to the ISA Secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org before December 5, 2020.
December 15, 2020 Registration deadline for Presenters
- Registration must be paid by the deadline.
- Confex matches registrations with accepted presenters and sends out last reminder to register. Presenters who have failed to register will be automatically deleted from the program.
December 18, 2020 - January 8, 2021 Final modifications to sessions
- Session Organizers modify sessions based on withdrawal of non-registered presenters.
- Chairs and discussants are assigned from among the registered participants.
- Program Coordinators complete session schedule according to the conference timetable.
- In case the type of an individual’s presentation is changed, or a presentation is transferred to a different session, Confex will send notifications to authors with final session and presentation details after December 15, 2020.
January 27, 2021
- Online program published
February 8, 2021
- PDF program sent to printer
2. Rules for all presenters
- Limited appearance in the Program
A person may be listed in the Program
• up to 3 times as Session Organizer
• up to 2 times as author or co-author (oral or poster presentation, distributed paper, roundtable presenter)
• up to 2 times as chair or co-chair, panellist, critic, discussant
RC/WG/TGs can further limit the number of appearances within their own sessions.
There is a limit of:
• 3 co-organizers per session
• 7 authors per abstract
Authors and co-authors cannot present and chair in the same session.
- ISA and RC/WG/TG membership
ISA does not require anyone to be a member in order to present a paper, and provides different registration fees for members and non-members. Those RCs which require that presenters in their sessions are members of the RC, and/or also of ISA, should clearly inform potential presenters about these requirements from the very start of conference preparations.
- Registration payment
In order to be included in the program the participants (presenters, chairs, discussants, etc.) need to pay full registration fees by December 15, 2020. If not registered, their names will not appear in the Program Book and in the Abstracts Book.
For co-authored paper, in order for a paper to appear in the program, at least one co-author should pay the registration fee by the early registration deadline December 15, 2020; the names of other co-authors will be listed as well. If other co-authors wish to attend the conference they must pay the registration fee.
3. ISA Registration Grants Allocation
Each RC/WG/TG will be allocated an amount for Registration Grants as follows: